You are going to be on TV! Congrats. Keep these tips in mind before you head over for your interview…
- Keep wardrobe simple. Don’t wear more than one pattern, stripes, polka dots or loud colors. Wear dark blues, grays and earth tones.
- Don’t wear seasonal clothes.
- Wear simple jewelry ‑ stay away from sparkly stuff.
- Bring an extra blouse or shirt and tie to the set in case you perspire too much or spill something.
- In an interview, look at the interviewer.
- Do look at the camera during a call‑in show. This gives you contact with the caller.
- Watch the show that you will appear on to familiarize yourself with the host and the types of questions you are likely to get.
- Don’t over gesture ‑ it’s distracting and ineffectual.
- Sit or stand straight.
- Know your stuff – no cheat sheets allowed.
What other tips would you offer your client?