Apparently public relations professionals have an appetite for more than Twitter, checks from clients, fast cars and reporter hugs. It turns out that the average PR girl and guy have secret food cravings that TGPR uncovered in a recent research project. After revealing my crack cocaine choice of food – Cheetos – our colleagues divulged some of their secret tasty vices. While chocolate led the pack (followed lovingly by Cheetos), there were some other top “cuisines” as well:
- Hunk of blue cheese and loaf of hand-crafted bread
- Nutella straight out of the jar
- Sushi from Kiwami in Studio City (apparently this person actually got DTs after a week without it)
- Sour Patch Kids
- Hot and sour soup
- Egg McMuffins
Quite the variety of food, indeed, secreted at the office in brown paper bags or stuffed in the couch cushions at home. I’m sure these can be topped, so share your secret food with us, and the winner will get a cool little prize from TGPR.
Have a restaurant? Group sales are bread and butter to increasing customers. Here are five tips on how to increase group sales.
1. Implement direct contact with meeting and convention planners, travel agents (US and Italian/European) and others who arrange for people to come to your city on business or pleasure.
2. Special events are a focused way of attracting members of a specific target audience. For instance, a “college night” or an “Italian night” will bring out members of those groups.
3. Charities are the key that unlock the heart and soul of a city. The restaurant should invite civic groups like Little League, Girl Scouts, animal charities, health charities, etc. Giving a nonprofit discount helps too.
4. Reaching the business community is vitally important. Company meetings can be promoted in the company’s own internal and external media (newsletters, e-zines, websites, etc.). These events include Chamber of Commerce events and business “conference” hosting.
5. Hold a wine tasting and invite new business owners in town to showcase the restaurant.
Are there any other tips you recommend that we could add to this list?