TGPR Partner Susan Tellem is a makeup hoarder and junkie. That’s what makes her love of beauty products and aesthetic clients so successful. She reads beauty trades and magazines long into the night and subscribes to a variety of the new beauty boxes delivered brimming with samples. She also has tried fillers, lasers and a number of non-surgical procedures which has resulted in her stunning youthful appearance. She also gives speeches and webinars on the topic.
Here are some of the clients she has successfully helped to national fame and glory.
Almay – major national cosmetic company.
- Media trained a celebrity spokesperson to roll out a new line of cosmetics nationally.
Maybelline Cosmetics – Dynamic, innovative, contemporary. Maybelline is one of the top make-up manufacturers in the world.
- Media trained a makeup expert for television appearances.
Cover Girl Cosmetics – a Procter & Gamble makeup division.
- Conducted media training for top makeup expert for new line of cosmetics
Marina Plastic Surgery Associates – a client since 1996, this multi-location physician practice started by Grant Stevens, M.D. FACS, specializing in plastic surgery and a variety of non-invasive procedures. Also founder of the Institute, the first medi-spa in California.
- Ongoing international and national media outreach.
- Set up media seminars in NY and Los Angeles.
- Provided ongoing counseling about European and South America PIP breast implant crisis.
- Handle all social media – Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ and blog.
- Launched Marina Manland – the first men only plastic surgery site within the practice.
- Provide ongoing blog posts for Dermstore.com, RealSelf.com, YourCityMD and others.
Healthy Diva – Healthy Diva, San Diego-based pilot project that helps African-American women improve and maintain their health through better nutrition and increased physical activity.
- Leveraged the close relationship many women have with their hair stylists to get the word out.
- Recruited innovative product donations to stimulate attendance at events.
Marvalash – a revolutionary mascara used by a variety of makeup artists including those on The View; came in second in “The Next Beauty Guru,” sponsored by Sephora.
- Conducted a national media relations campaign to launch the product.
Michael C. Ciano, M.D. – Thousand Oaks based plastic and reconstructive surgeon.
- Conducted ongoing national and local media outreach.
- Wrote press kit, all printed materials (developed from both scientific and nonscientific materials).
Matthew B. – one of the most sought after celebrity hair colorists in America.
- Handled all publicity for nine years until he retired – results included: Selected as a candidate for People’s 50 Most Beautiful People (Hairdresser section) and ALLURE Magazine’s Four Star Directory “Best Hair Colorist,” featured on E! Television’s Emmy beauty show and KTLA Los Angeles Morning Show among others.
- His work has been featured in Glamour, Marie Claire, Women’s World, People, Los Angeles, Allure, COSMO, SELF, InStyle, Celebrity Hairstyles, Sophisticates, as well as other top magazines and numerous European issues of Vogue. Rodeo Drive Plastic Surgery/LipoPlus –plastic surgery specialty location in the Rodeo Collection.
- Involved in every aspect of pre-opening communications strategy.
- Created a multi-pronged marketing communications plan
Allen Edwards, Cristophe, Art Luna, Amato and Awilda Salons – a variety of beauty salons.
- Represented a variety of top-rated salons for media relations and marketing communications projects.
- Worked with salons to do cross promotions with plastic surgeons.
TOVA Corporation –Beverly Hills-based beauty products and perfume company and a upscale beauty salon.
- Designed and implemented a multi-city, national campaign to support multiple appearances by Tova Borgnine, the founder, on QVC where she sold millions of dollars in products.
- Hosted a women’s magazine media lunch at the Plaza Hotel to introduce a new fragrance.
- Launched individual hair products in the beauty press.
SmoothContours – the world’s first thigh cream.
- Provided ongoing counsel for the national rollout of this first of its kind product; created and implemented a detailed publicity plan to reach a variety of medical publications and consumer press.
- Coordinated/attended a variety of meetings with physicians and executives rolling out the sale of smoothContours at NutriSystems nationwide.
Mark Nutritionals Inc. – manufacturer and distributor of Body Solutions, one of the most successful weight loss products in history
- Provided public relations support throughout the Western U.S. (Calif., Nevada and Arizona)
- Developed a multi-faceted media outreach campaign centering on the DEXA testing equipment for bone density testing and nationwide retail rollout.
Beyond the Fringe – a private hair salon in West Hollywood with strong ties to the music industry
- Developed and distributed press materials.
- Arranged magazine photo shoots and publicity for owner.