TGPR Partner Susan Tellem was on loan to provide support for Pope John Paul’s Visit to Los Angeles in 1988 when she launched her faith-based division. In addition to leading a parade of seven miles, the Pope’s presence drew millions of visitors eager to catch a glimpse of him during his arrivals and departures from such sites as: Dodgers Stadium, Universal Studios, Cathedral of Saint Vibiana, the Los Angeles Coliseum, Immaculate Conception Catholic School, the Japanese Cultural Center, Piper Technical Center and the San Fernando Mission. Tellem provided the following executive level support throughout his visit:
- Worked as a top tier member of the media advance team.
- Credentialed more than 2,000 media.
- Worked extensively with reporters at Universal Studios where A-list celebrities met with the Pope.
Additional faith-based clients include:
California Community Church – a multi-location community church founded by Pastor Brad Johnson, which uses a multi-location presence by bringing the word of God to more people using today’s technology. Each location includes a live band, greeters, informative programs for children and students of all ages, special events and outreach to those less fortunate.
- Created a launch program
- Developed press materials
- Provided multi-location strategy
The Queen of Angels Foundation – An annual procession of Catholic orders and participants who celebrate the City of Los Angeles’ 200 plus birthday and pay tribute to Our Lady of the Angels in a Grand Marian Procession.
- Media outreach with press releases in English and Spanish
- Set up pre-interviews
- Conduct pres briefings
- Social media outreach
Saint Peter and the Vatican: The Legacy of the Popes – A three-city exhibition of the world’s largest collection of Vatican art, documents and historical objects to tour North America, visited Montreal, San Antonio and Milwaukee.
- Wrote press releases and a detailed press kit with numerous photos and descriptions.
- Coordinated b-roll development and distribution.
- Oversaw the Parish Advantage outreach to Catholic churches and schools to stimulate attendance.
- Outreach to Hispanics in Texas and Mexico for San Antonio exhibition.
- Worked with Vatican officials.
Jewish Vegetarians of North America – Producers of A Sacred Duty: Applying Jewish Values to Help Heal the World, a documentary featuring interviews with leading Israeli and American environmental, health, vegetarian and animal welfare activists as well as Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, Reconstructionist and secular leaders talking about the dire impact meat eating has on the planet.
- Wrote press releases and press kit materials.
- Arranged national and local media coverage.
- Conducted outreach to a variety of religions, vegetarian groups, animal welfare groups, etc.
- Used Op Eds and letters to the editor to garner attention.
Beit Hashoah Museum of Tolerance – Assisted with the grand opening of the $50 million world class educational center, founded to challenge visitors to confront bigotry and racism and to understand the Holocaust in both historic and contemporary contexts.
- Created all public relations press documents are press lists prior to opening.
- Invited worldwide press to grand opening event
- Coordinated grand opening and the attendance of world leaders and Holocaust survivors
Salem Radio Networks – SRN is a full-service satellite radio network based in Irving, Texas. We serve Christian-formatted and general market news/talk stations through more than 1500 affiliate partnerships.
- Developed press materials for a focused campaign.
- Conducted media outreach.
Cover Girls Tour – Clear Channel Entertainment and Mathew Knowles’ Music World Entertainment brought the theatrical production of Cover Girls to the stage for its first national tour to 28 cities. Based on the best-selling novel by renowned Bishop T.D. Jakes, Cover Girls tells the story of four women who seemingly have nothing in common. Yet, every day they each face the complex realities of 21st century urban life as they try to balance their needs with their belief in God.
- Pitched national and local media around the country about the show.
- Developed and distributed press materials.
- Planned publicity and helped coordinate marketing plans in every touring city.
- Handled outreach to religious media.