TGPR loves food; discovering the hippest places to eat out is a favorite activity of our staff. That passion started long ago when in the 80s, Susan Tellem represented one of the finest Italian brands in the world, Harry’s Bar. She promoted the International Hemingway Writing Competition for the Century City (Los Angeles) location for 11 years. Today, Partner Dan Grody is a personal ambassador for Arrigio Cipriani, the owner of Harry’s Bar in Venice Italy as well as the Mr. C hotel and restaurant chains including its Beverly Hills and New York locations.
More than 10 years ago, TGPR launched its Food Issues Group, a unique partnership offering a complete program to the food industry and restaurants – PR and social media support, including consumer education, videos and crisis preparedness and management, as well as food safety training, food defense education, litigation support and facility audits. TGPR addresses the “front of the house” while partnering with Jeff Nelken, M.A., RD, an experienced professional in all aspects of food safety and inspection, who addresses all aspects of the “back of the house.”
Experts in food safety and food recalls, TGPR searches for vulnerabilities, provides a plan to address crises preparedness, implements the plan if an event happens and provides counsel to improve day to day business successes and avoid future crises.
Additionally, TGPR offers its public relations and social media services to the following amazing clients:
- Agency of record for Alton’s brand new tour kicking off in April 2016 called “Eat Your Science.” TGPR launched Alton’s first ever national tour “Alton Brown Live! The Edible Inevitable Tour,” produced by MagicSpace. Alton visited 100 North American cities during two years of touring; 150,000 people attended the shows. The renowned foodist and television personality currently hosts Food Network’s hit game show Cutthroat Kitchen.
- Secured national, and market-by-market, media coverage to promote the first “culinary variety show” of its kind and to increase ticket sales.
- Alton Brown Live! The Edible Inevitable Tour features stand-up comedy, talk show antics, a multimedia lecture, live music (he sings!) and “extreme” food experimentation. An interactive component invites select audience members on stage to serve as Brown’s trusted assistants and ponchos are provided for fans in the first few rows.
- Agency of record for “Close to the Bone,” a 12 city tour in July 2015 and “Guts and Glory,” the 2012 12-city tour and 2013 20-city tour (both tours are produced by Innovation Arts & Entertainment). The internationally renowned chef, author and television personality is host of Travel Channel’s Emmy Award-winning Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.
- Providing market by market and national press coverage.
- Promoting chefs Eric Ripert, Roy Choi and Andrew Zimmern along the tour route.
Burma Superstar Restaurant
- Providing ongoing counsel to this popular San Francisco restaurant in the aftermath of an E. coli crisis.
Guardian Safety Solutions International, Inc.
- Leader in the development and manufacturing of range top fire protection systems for homes, apartments, schools and hospitals and campus housing.
- TGPR provides publicity, trade show support, social media and blog content on an ongoing basis.
- Agency of record for this 40 plus year-old prime manufacturer and inventor of household products to make life easier including Spin’ n Stor, Chop Keeper and kitchen, children, pet and gardening products.
- Provided media relations focused on food, baking, cooking, vegetarian and household products.
- Provided an ongoing social media program including Twitter and Facebook support.
Prego, MacArthur Park, Chianti
- Provided ongoing media relations, restaurant openings, wine festivals and a variety of special events for the Spectrum Group of restaurants throughout California.
- Created press kits and marketing packages.
- Developed corporate promotions, including a “VIP card.”
- Developed a 20th anniversary media plan. Crisis assistance.
Stuart Anderson’s Restaurant Group
- Handled public relations and media relations support for this 88-restaurant chain.
- Provided crisis support for issues in other states, including stabbings and a hepatitis outbreak.
Harry’s Bar & American Grill
- Implemented, side by side with the ad agency, the hugely successful International Imitation
Hemingway Writing Competition – “write one really good page of really bad Hemingway.”
- Hosted the popular “judgment night” attended by famous writers like the late Ray Bradbury and Jack Smith. Coordinated the pre-judging with college professors throughout the U.S.
Javo Beverage Company
- Agency of record and provided IR support (OTC Bulletin Board:JAVO)
- Provided ongoing counsel to the corporate office for public relations planning and publicity.
Family Tree Produce
- Provided crisis counseling/developed message points.
National Bar and Nightclub Association
- Panelist – Crisis Management
Supply Side West – Global Expo & Conference
- Panelist – Food Recalls
Marina del Rey Wine Festivals
- Working in tandem with the Marina del Rey Chamber of Commerce, created its most successful community event ever – promoted for three consecutive years.
- Handled all logistics, including identifying wineries, hosting a grape stomp, inviting judges, setting up layout of event, publicizing event.
Americans for Nutritional Choice
- Developed an overall strategy and plan for the organization’s launch.
- Implemented a public relations seminar program for its membership.
- Helped launch the association through a nationwide bus tour; coordinated publicity.
Klein & Company Agribusiness
- Provided ongoing counsel and publicity for a major seminar to help introduce biotech-engineered food to the marketplace.
Other relevant experience
- Served as both editor and board member with PM Publishing, Inc., publisher of highly respected medical newsletters including Nutrition and the M.D.
- Headed the “Food Issues Group” at Burson Marsteller while serving as managing director of the corporate division.
Food Issues Group Updates