Many years ago, before starting a PR career, TGPR partner Susan Tellem was a visiting nurse and discovered that she loved working with seniors. Fortunately, she was able to turn that love into working with companies that cater to seniors. Some of her work is showcased below.
Senior Resource Group, San Diego – builder, manager and developer of upscale senior communities throughout the western U.S.
- Created the company’s first national PR media campaign to seniors and their families, the real estate community and business press.
- Publicized special events and grand openings at various properties.
- Assisted with various crises at properties throughout the US.
Care Meridian, Santa Ana, CA – specializes in providing a cost-effective, sophisticated sub-acute care alternative for catastrophically ill or injured patients.
- Wrote and produced a sales video for consumers describing the facilities, services and family involvement.
Marriott Senior Living Services, Washington, DC – assisted living and independent living facilities in 32 states.
- Implemented a targeted publicity campaign to open facilities in California.
- Created press package and multi-tiered public relations campaign.
PreciousCare Homes, Inc., Los Angeles, CA – PreciousCare Homes was founded to build America’s first franchised network of assisted living homes.
- Launched the Tucson AZ facility
- Worked with the corporation to develop a brand and identity.
California Department of Health Services – Breast Cancer Early Detection – a four-year assignment to help uninsured and underinsured seniors get free mammographys.
- Designed and implemented a statewide provider outreach program to build awareness of the screening needs of underserved women among the provider community.
- Drafted a variety of provider-oriented brochures, flyers and other promotional materials.
- Created and implemented a detailed publicity plan to reach a variety of medical publications and consumer press.
- Coordinated special events.
newAbilities Systems, Inc. – manufactures the UCS 1000 with a Tongue Touch Keypad (TTK), a breakthrough technological improvement for quadriplegics.
- Development of press materials and a national publicity outreach to trade and consumer press to increase referrals from the physician community and create pull-through demand from potential patients.
- Coordinated public relations launch and rollout.
LivHOME Inc., Los Angeles, CA – LivHOME is Southern California’s premier “assisted-living-at-home” company dedicated to helping seniors remain in their own homes as long as possible.
- Wrote and produced a new employee orientation program.